It's November, the Christmas madness is fast upon us, the tree is coming out of storage ready to be decorated and it's only a matter of days until we are blasted with Mariah's 'All I want for Christmas' everywhere we go! Its a time of joy and celebration... but for those who suffer with SAD
it's far from it.
A type of depression, there are so many contributing factors to Seasonal Affective Disorder and right now its affecting 20% of the population - some won't even realise they have it. Symptoms of SAD can include:
- a persistently low mood,
- lethargy and
- longer sleeping hours with
- trouble getting up in the morning,
- irritation or frustration,
- food cravings and subsequent weight gain
- feelings of guilt or worthlessness.
- experiences of ‘manic’ episodes where you feel or appear happy and energetic, as well as more sociable
All of these symptoms no matter the severity, can negatively affect your day to day life.
It's why it's more important than ever that you keep on top of your general wellbeing during the coming months.
Be sure to maintain your daily dose of Elle Sera
- with festive planning, parties, present wrapping, tree decorating we know it may slip your mind to open your pot of gold - Leave your decanter in plain view or even place a reminder notice on your phone. You need to support your hormones now more than ever!
Sit near windows when you are inside - allow your skin to soak up as much Vitamin D
as possible in the day times.
Maintain regular exercise - when it gets cold and rainy outside the last thing you want to do is put on your gym kit and head out, but the endorphins created by exercise are really going to give you a boost this season.
Take time for relaxation - a long bath, some time in the day to read uninterrupted, meditation, whatever makes you feel calm.
And most importantly ... Stay Golden x
If you or someone you know are suffering with SAD and would like further information as to how Elle Sera can help please be in touch with us directly at Customer@elle-sera.com